Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Global warming.

In article ,
wrote:
I do remember that the summer 1975 had some periods of really warm
and dry days after a poor spring to the extent that I went out and
bought a Triumph Spitfire as it was warm and dry enough to consider a
convertable. , it was a toss up between that and the more fashionable
MG Midget.

I bought a year old Midget in '71 as a write off. Had hit a tree and
rolled. And insured with one of those companies which went bankrupt.

Stripped it down and sent the base off to be jigged straight, which
involved welding in a new front subframe. Bought near new front end from
John Britain who produced a kit car base on the Midget.

The hood and frame were both scrap, so I ran it with only a tonneau cover
throughout that winter, until I'd saved up for a new hood and frame.

Sold the car at a slight profit (excluding my labour) a couple of years
down the line.

--
*Why is 'abbreviation' such a long word?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.