Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Global warming.

In article ,
Roger Hayter wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
snip

Maggie was all for emancipating the working class. Thousands of self
owned ex-council houses are tribute to that. Blair enslaved them again.

For every middle-aged couple doing nicely out of selling their council
houses to by-to-let landlords there is a young family struggling in
private rented accommodation because there is no social housing, or rent
control. And don't tell me it is because of 'immigrants' because that
is a lie.

Quite. Had the money raised from selling council houses been used to build
more 'affordable' housing, I'd have had no objection. Except perhaps
selling existing ones at well below market value.

But this would be against the Thatcher principle of creating more Tory
voters by buying them.

--
*Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.