Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Default Gap between sill and PVC window

stuart noble Wrote in message:
On Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 2:22:07 PM UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 20/01/18 12:35, David wrote:
Hi

On a couple of our windows, a small (1 mm+) gap has appeared between the window and the interior plastic sill. It only runs for 250mm or so.

Anybody got an idea of w suitable filler for this? I'd like to avoid silicone if poss. It there suitable white plastic filler that dries hard?

decorators caulk.

Sort of very thick PVA glue.

Caulk discolours over time IME. I'd use an acrylic sealant, which should deliver flexibility and a stay white finish. Then again, a high modulus silicone would seem to be the perfect solution

Decorators caulk *is* an acrylic sealant.
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/