Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Global warming.

On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 08:48:51 GMT, Bob Martin
wrote:

It cant be used to make a point either way.

Neither can the summer of 1975, which to my mind was hotter than
anything since.

I think you mean 1976.

I do remember that the summer 1975 had some periods of really warm
and dry days after a poor spring to the extent that I went out and
bought a Triumph Spitfire as it was warm and dry enough to consider a
convertable. , it was a toss up between that and the more fashionable
MG Midget. The Spitfire had more room behind the seats ,just enough to
accommodate a 3rd person if small and flexible which qualification
applied to a few young ladies I knew.
The Spitfire also came with a hardtop so that swung it.
What made 1976 memorable was the longevity as much as anything ,
I lived in digs and did not have room to store the hardtop so in the
spring put in my Grans cellar 90 miles away in London and then like a
pillock forgot to pick up the soft top which had been stored there
since the autumn of 75 which after the fine weather in June July
August gave way to a wet september.
As it turned out I did not need either top for months .

G.Harman