Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Martin Bob Martin is offline

Default Global warming.

in 1661237 20180120 142839 The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 20/01/18 11:17, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Roger Hayter
wrote:

It is rather difficult to draw long term climate conclusions from
anecdotal experience of British weather.Â* Might be possible for a much
more long lived species than us.Â*Â* I just missed 1947 as a benchmark,
but I think 1963 was somewhat worse than this year.

It was. In Crawley it snowed on Boxing Day 1962 and that snow lasted
until 6th March 1963. Further, the snow was no good for snowballs or
snowmen, so it must have stayed below -5C during that whole period.

1963 was a winter like no other, before or since.

Wrong, 1947 was much worse.

It cant be used to make a point either way.

Neither can the summer of 1975, which to my mind was hotter than
anything since.

I think you mean 1976.