Posted to rec.woodworking

Default your oldest power tool

On Sat, 20 Jan 2018 12:39:23 -0600, Markem
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Jan 2018 11:28:17 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 1/19/2018 9:57 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 19 Jan 2018 09:33:01 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 1/19/2018 9:25 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 3:01:39 PM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:

am curious because i wonder if they can become unsafe to use in the
electrical sense and what to do besides replacemnt

I don't have any really old tools, but do have a couple of 50 year old
electric appliances.* Age alone does not make them unsafe, usually
mishandling of cords causing them to fray or crack where it bends. Check
the insulation.

Tell that to the people in California. ;~) Where a water sprinkler now
causes cancer.

Probably does, if you eat it.

Well that explains a lot. I'm getting a kick out of the ump'teenth
proposal foe California to split off from the southern coastal area.

I wonder if that is where most of the earth quakes, fires, and mud
slides happen.

Some Illinoisians feel the same way about splitting of from Cook
county (Chicago main city) and the 5 counties around it (Chicago
area).

There are a lot of states that way. NY and PA come to mind. Actually,
any state dominated by a large city has the same complaint.