Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Allread[_2_] Mark Allread[_2_] is offline

Default Global warming.

On Sat, 20 Jan 2018 14:31:55 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 20/01/18 11:04, Mark Allread wrote:
On Sat, 20 Jan 2018 09:02:00 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

This winter has been as dull as wet and snowy and as cold as any I can
remember since I was a boy in the 50s.

Really? You have had temperatures of minus 10 degrees C (and lower)
this winter?

yes

Gosh, I don't know where you live but I imagine it must be Shawbury
(Shropshire) as that has recorded temperatures below minus 10 degrees C
this winter..possibly other places have too and I'm sure you'll educate
me.

You have had deep snow that has lasted for weeks on end? You
have had short periods of heavy snow lasting up to a week that have
completely covered cars?

Not this yesar. That was 2010

OK so this year has *not* been as snowy for you then - nor indeed for
many people.

Our fuel bills have certainly been a lot cheaper over the last 4 years
- to the extent that the coal we bought in 2013 hasn't been touched and
we have burnt far less wood in the stove too.

You see, you are doung exactly what I said. Of coure fuel bills are less
tehse days. We have better insulated homes.

You seem to have a problem reading what is written. There has been no
additional insulation in our house in the period I refer to. Perhaps you
would care to explain why we have used less fuel in the past few years
when no extra insulation has been put in and, if anything, we keep the
house warmer than we used to.

Who now lives outsoide a city where the c9old weather is actually
exoerienced?

Ahh, I deduce from that you probably live in or close to a city - where
you have experienced temperatures this winter of minus 10 degrees C or
colder! I don't - I live around a 1000 ft asl on the edge of a moor with
few other homes within a half-mile radius. The nearest one to us is
across fields and accessed by a different road. Our lowest temperature
this year has been minus 4 degrees C. I'm glad we haven't experienced
the cold that you have had this year.