Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default Snap-Check+ Setup Tool - Opinions Wanted

"John S" wrote in news
I solved the always dead battery in the
calipers in a different way. There are available, at a variety of
price points, calipers that include a photo cell for power as well as
a back up battery. The one I have needs just a couple of minutes
under a lamp to enable making measurements. My watch doesn't even
have a battery - no more trying to figure out how to open the case to
change a battery. John

Hey, that'd be great... Something like those solar powered (or room light
powered) calculators from the 90's. Just turn it on and use it. I can
press the zero button--it's not a problem!

I wonder if they're available somewhere?

Puckdropper