Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default How long can you keep scammers on the phone?

On 19/01/2018 21:54, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 19/01/2018 14:03, Fredxx wrote:
Record today was 49 minutes, though with a short break because the
call dropped.

Well done.

I don't have that much patience. I just say "Hang on a minute" and put
the receiver on the table.

Well, half of that time was waiting for my allegedly 10 year old desktop
to boot up, twice in fact because we got cut off for a 1/2 minute,
during which time I turned the PC off, of course. I was asked if it was XP!!

Because I said these websites were blocked, he wanted to go through my
installed programs in control panel, and I said one was Epson Scan. The
not so bright operator wanted me to uninstall this, presumably in belief
it was this application that was blocking access to these remote control
websites.