tony sayer

Default Fitting aerial on roof - how to get up there!

In article , Dave Plowman
writes
In article ,
David Aldridge wrote:
I need to change the aerial on my roof, and I was hoping for some useful
advice before I go up there. The problem is, that the roof is a little
unusual - rather than the normal inverted 'v' there are also side angles
too which are quite sheer. See picture
http://www.dmaz.demon.co.uk/house.jpg my house is also the middle of a
terrace, so there's no access from the sides.

So any kind soul feel like giving me some advice? - even if it's 'get a
professional'. (in which case how much do you think that might cost?)

Safety wise, it's one of these things that if you have to ask, you'd be
better getting a pro in.

Really suggest that you get a rigger in for this one and a CAI member
that knows what he's doing and check he's insured. Those tiles look like
a disaster area to me. They'll be a roofing ladder required and
something to take or spread the load under that where it meets the
extension ladder up from the ground. Also you'll need someone who is
used to what he's doing not to break and tiles whilst lashing the
chimney.

Just get a pro in for this one. I used to do this work years ago on a
daily basis and I wouldn't fancy this one:-((..

And I know what I'm doing!..
--
Tony Sayer