Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default your oldest power tool

"Electric Comet" wrote in message news
mine is a skil saw from the 70s i think

seems to run fine

am curious because i wonder if they can become unsafe to use in the
electrical sense and what to do besides replacemnt

guessing that replacement parts might be hard to come by

I have a 1905 Crescent 36" bandsaw... Electrical? It has a new Baldor 1
phase 5 hp motor--I sold off the 3 phase 5 hp that had new bearings
installed, cleaning and testing. The consumable things like bearings,
blades, and tires are readily available and all the cast iron is fine.

Beyond that I have a Porter Cable circular saw, drywall driver, and drill
that date from about '85 and a bunch of other PC tools that range from about
18-22 years old. With replacement parts available I fix them as needed... a
cord here, a base plate there. The random orbit sander has needed the most
work -- base plates/dust collection.