Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default UPS battery options

On Fri, 19 Jan 2018 10:06:53 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 01/18/2018 02:52 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

[snip]

Good idea on the lamp and a LED bulb.
Too bad there is not an option where the UPS does not output a voltage
unless the power does go off.

I have an old UPS that won't put out enough power for a computer, but it
does work for some LED lights.

BTW, I call those "Lilly's lights", after a small cat. She used to sleep
in the hall.

I have removed the beepers on my UPS. Too much noise when the power
does go off and if at night, I want to sleep and not be wakened evenif
the powe does go off.
They should make that an option on all the UPS.

Mine has a way to silence the beeper, but that works only DURING a power
outage, and next outage it's already forgotten to be silent.

Right now I've got more UPS units around than I know what to do with.
A couple 3kva inits, a couple 2 KVA units, and a couple 1kva units.
2 of the 2kva, I belioeve, have external battery packs. 2 of the 3kva
units use 20 amp twist-lock plugs.
Those 3kva units are HEAVY MUTHAS!!!

Then I'm running both PVRs on 500va units, my computer on an old
Powerware Prestige 1000 on-line unit, my wifes on another prestige,
and the internet/voip on an ancient Best Fortress 600 line interactive
unit. It's about 21 years old and I believe on it's 3rd battery.

When the power goes out or we get a brownout we get chirps coming
from everywhwere

I have a third Prestige sittiing in the cabinet behind me on standby
(an EXT without the external pack), along with a powerware 3105 and a
powerware 5105

All the rest - the big ones - are rack mounts except for one APC. They
run from 24 to 96 volt battery packs, depending on the model.