Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Snap-Check+ Setup Tool - Opinions Wanted

On 1/19/18 10:41 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 11:15:50 AM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/19/18 6:55 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
What do you think of this setup tool? Scroll to the bottom of the
page for a video.

http://www.chipsfly.com/product/35-572.html

I have an iGaging angle cube and it works great.
Of course, any smart phone will do that trick now.
It's a shame they don't have the digital display on their aluminum model.

You have to be careful quality control of the iGaging stuff.
When I got my cube, it wasn't flat on a couple sides-- it was bowed. I
took it apart and fixed it by bending the case back in. Not something I
should have to do out of the box, but it works perfectly.

The plastic frame and the sliding dovetail were the 2 "features" that jumped right out
at me as potential problems. At $22 there almost *has* to be issues.

All that to say you just have to make sure it's all up to snuff during
the return-for-refund time. With those cheap prices come greater
potential for quality control issues.

When dealing with "return for refund" on low priced items, the shipping costs almost
make it not worth it. Give it away or toss it on a shelf.

Prime has it for $23. Cheaper than chipsfly after shipping. I might just spend $23 for a
new toy.

I think Prime has free return shipping on most things.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--