Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Snap-Check+ Setup Tool - Opinions Wanted

On 1/19/18 10:39 AM, Leon wrote:
On 1/19/2018 10:15 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/19/18 6:55 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
What do you think of this setup tool? Scroll to the bottom of
the page for a video.

http://www.chipsfly.com/product/35-572.html

I have an iGaging angle cube and it works great. Of course, any
smart phone will do that trick now. It's a shame they don't have
the digital display on their aluminum model.

You have to be careful quality control of the iGaging stuff. When I
got my cube, it wasn't flat on a couple sides-- it was bowed. I
took it apart and fixed it by bending the case back in. Not
something I should have to do out of the box, but it works
perfectly.

All that to say you just have to make sure it's all up to snuff
during the return-for-refund time. With those cheap prices come
greater potential for quality control issues.

The electronic tilt box/cube/what ever brand. Be careful if your
equipment is on mobile equipment. I found that if I lean on my TS
the reading on the box changes.

Yes, you find that out in a hurry.
Great tool and I use/trust it when I need a DNO angle on the blade.

Since I brought up the phone app, I think I'll do a side-by-side
comparison and see if either is more accurate than the other.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--