Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Keyless Entry - security

On 19/01/2018 00:20, Bob Eager wrote:
In article ,
On 2018-01-18, Andy Burns wrote:
whisky-dave wrote:

Strange they don't use barcodes at polling stations

You don't need to take the postcard or any form of ID to the polling
station.

At least not for the moment. The Government are thinking of
introducing an ID requirement.

I really can't see why we can't have identity cards. Not meaning
they'd have to be carried at all times, of course. But would be very
useful for this sort of thing. And any thing else where identity proof
is needed. For those who don't have a driving licence. Passport. Travel
card. Works identity card etc. Ie, very, very few.

How are you going to get the photo verified if you don't have a tame
vicar?

I know a Canon! And I went to dinner with an Archbishop of Canterbury
once...

But do you know them personally (rather than professionally)?

--
Max Demian