Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Keyless Entry - security

In article , Huge
On 2018-01-18, Max Demian wrote:

I really can't see why we can't have identity cards.Â* Not meaning
they'd
have to be carried at all times, of course. But would be very useful
for
this sort of thing. And any thing else where identity proof is
needed. For
those who don't have a driving licence. Passport. Travel card. Works
identity card etc. Ie, very, very few.

How are you going to get the photo verified if you don't have a tame
vicar?

Christ on a bicycle. By going down in person. Even staff at council
offices ought to be able to look at you, look at the photo, and agree
these are the same person. They're only going to make you such a card
if you're on the electoral register, so bringing up your details and
scanning the photo to go on the card should be the work of a moment.

How will they know you are who you say you are?

--
Max Demian