Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Keyless Entry - security

On Friday, 19 January 2018 14:06:35 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 19 Jan 2018 02:23:50 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip bizarre ramblings

I never, ever, said you *could* count who someone who didn't vote or
who spoiled their paper would have voted FOR, had they voted.

So did they vote or not ?

Go on, see if you can work it out for yourself.

As I said I don't know. They could have just had a wank in the voting booth.
Did you vote ?

All I
have ever said is that you know what they DIDN'T vote for,

No ones really interested in who we didnlt vote for

Some are. They are often called 'floating voters' and so good targets
for persuasion.

persuasion, which way if they didn't vote you don't know and if they didn't vote what makes you sure they will ever vote.
Or if they do they might just draw a penis or a NOTA.

the idea is to count the number of votes and see who gets the most.

Well done.

1/3 of the electorate voted leave (fact).
2/3 of the electorate didn't vote leave (fact).

So we leave (maybe).

and 2/3 didn't vote to remain, you've forgotten that (fact)
in FACT the majority didn't vote to remain.

especially
when there was only one outcome that would change the status quo (like
the EU referendum and not like the local or general elections).

meaningless and Irrelivant,

To you I'm guessing.

and to all those that voted, as they only found two options on the ballot paper whereas yuo seem to think there were more options than the two shown.

especailly when you claim that a NOTA is meant to mean something.

It generally does, yes.

What does it mean then ?
That you want to remain ?
That you want to leave ?
Those counting the votes really need to kn ow which pile to put you in.
They don't even take much notice when a tiny fraction 0.1% spoil their paper, too small a number to care even if every NOTA and a penis are taken as votes to remain MORE people still voted to leave.

I don't know which it is and niether do those counting the votes.

If someone simply CBA to vote they just don't
bother.

Is that a common thing for those that want to remain ?

If they wish to retain the right to vote

you don;t get the right to vote taken away from you if yuo don;t vote.

but can't make an
informed decision then an 'NOTA' is an accepted and understood way of
doing that.

Yes it means you don't care, haven't a clue, or think there's a better way or system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/None_of_the_above

which INCLUDING the penis drawers and those that couldn't work out how many boxes to tick amounted to 0.08%
Why should anyone take any notice of them when the majority actually voted to leave by 3.78% that's nearly 50 times the number of invalid votes.

Just suppose the vote counted was 10% remain 10% leave and 40% put NOTA .
Would that have changed the status quo ?

What do you think? Do you actually have a point yet?

SO tell me what should the result have been if the majoroty had put NOTA
Which to mean means they didnlt vote to remain and they didnlt vote to leave.

Unlike actually measuring the *fact* that only ~1/3rd of the
electorate voted *to change the status quo*, for example.

So.
there was no box on the paper about changing the status quo.

Yes there was, it was called 'Leave' and only 1/3rd of the electorate
ticked it.

And less than that ticked the remain box.