Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Harbor Freight Bar Clamp #60539 Review

On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 10:01:47 AM UTC-6, -MIKE- wrote:

Oo, oo! You're talking about these, right?

https://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/clamps/6-inch-ratchet-bar-clamp-spreader-46806.html

I think at the time they may have been orange.
I bought 2 and took them back after the handles broke before they'd
actually hold what they were clamped to. :-)

Yessireee... that is the very POS I was talking about. I use a lot of squeeze clamps as I work by myself a lot. I thought I was being smart as they had them for $2.99 or something like that so I bought about 5. Having broken a squeeze clamp, I was able to look into the mechanism of those things. I don't know how they screwed those us so completely, but they sure did.

They weren't worth the time it took to throw them away - ALL of them failed in a week or so.

Robert