Posted to alt.home.repair

Default UPS battery options

On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 16:16:34 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article , says...

I have removed the beepers on my UPS. Too much noise when the power
does go off and if at night, I want to sleep and not be wakened evenif
the powe does go off.
They should make that an option on all the UPS.

I'd love to kill the beepers in all my mostly medium capacity APCs.

How did you do it?

I opened up the case and unsoldered the beeper or beeper speaker from
the board and removed it. Be sure to disconnect the battery first.

If no soldering iron, I would just crush it with some big pliers.

Slip a razor knife under it and pop it off.