Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default EDF heavy handed on smart meters?

On 17/01/18 19:56, Andy Burns wrote:
Adrian Caspersz wrote:

Got an elderly friend who categorically does not wish to have a smart
meter fitted. EDF have apparently sent letters and are getting rather
stroppy.

Ask EDF if they wish to lose a customer?

Can't be enforced, can it?

No.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/understand-smart-prepayment-and-other-energy-meters/smart-meters-your-rights

Ah, I've had the offending letter read to me. EDF wants to replace the
old meter as it's end of life, close to the maximum count.

Fair enough - even though the rest of the letter is plastered with 'get
smart' advertising.

It does means it still can be replaced with a normal meter, which is
what they will be insisting on.

Thanks for the pointer to Ofgem

--
Adrian C