Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Harbor Freight Bar Clamp #60539 Review

On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 11:13:31 AM UTC-5, Dr. Deb wrote:
On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 8:46:35 PM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:
They suck.

I look at HF bar clamps as exactly what they are, inexpensive clamping tools. I could get frosted if I paid $20+ ea for them. But they are around a quarter of that.

If you are getting the clamps whose model number is in my subject line for $5, then you
have better HF coupons than the rest of us. Please send me a couple of those coups.

If one breaks, I can still buy two more for the cost of a "Name" brand and be ahead.
Then there is the fact I have a LOT of them and have had no problems. Could it be that those who are having the problems are simply over stressing what should be a light duty clamp?