Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Harbor Freight Bar Clamp #60539 Review

On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 09:39:27 -0800, Electric Comet
wrote:

On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 08:13:26 -0800 (PST)
"Dr. Deb" wrote:

problems. Could it be that those who are having the problems are
simply over stressing what should be a light duty clamp?

very possible

unreasonable expectations are common with consumers

It's not unreasonable to expect a clamp to stay in one piece. I've
never broken a clamp, other than these HFs. They're poorly designed
and poorly executed.

on a similar note amazon is weeding out some of these consumers that
send too many things back

Nothing new. Brick and mortar stores have been doing this for decades.

not sure if hf will do that too but they might because that can dig
into the bottom line in a big way

I don't bring things back to HF. I just don't shop there much because
of all the crap they sell. That hits their bottom line too.