Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default EDF heavy handed on smart meters?

On 18/01/2018 08:37, Brian Gaff wrote:
Now it was mentioned on You and Yours about a week back amongst other
places. Interestingly its the opposite of my experience with EDF. They told
me the following when I spoke to their team.

at present the current meters have two main problems. They do not comply
with the latest communication standard so other suppliers will be unable to
use them if you switch, and as you are on economy 7 and not dual fuel (ie
electric only), there is currently no solution for your usage profile (posh
name for me being an awkward bugger with no gas)

If I was on Economy 7 I wouldn't trust a "smart" equivalent. It might
morph into Economy 5, Economy 3, Economy "why don't you have your main
meal in the evening as electricity is cheaper then".

--
Max Demian