Posted to uk.d-i-y
FMurtz FMurtz is offline

Default EDF heavy handed on smart meters?

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 19:47:08 -0000, Adrian Caspersz
wrote:

Got an elderly friend who categorically does not wish to have a smart
meter fitted. EDF have apparently sent letters and are getting rather
stroppy.

Can't be enforced, can it? Anyone else in a similar situation?

I have EDF.* They phoned me 15 times within the space of a week or so
trying to sell me one.* I never answered them, I looked up the number
and blocked it from my mobile the first time they rang, after google
told me it was a smart meter they tried to sell from that number.* They
then sent 1 letter saying I would benefit from a smart meter (no
obligation) but didn't say why it would benefit me, so I binned it.* The
phonecalls would have been annoying had I not got a phone with a
blocking function or had the gall to tell them to **** off, which
presumably your elderly friend doesn't.* In your position I'd call the
number that phoned your friend and on their behalf tell them what you
think of their hard sell, if necessary threatening to move them to a
more reputable company.

May be they should tell them they wish to cancel their account