Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy[_35_] Andy[_35_] is offline

Default UPS battery options

Found this. What do you think ?

I am wondering how the internal charger would react to seeing a 110 CCA battery
as opposed to the internal 9 Ah battery?

My UPS uses an external battery. It's not of a make that anyone
here would recognize. It's very basic, rather poor in external
finish and internal construction but it does the job and has been
doing it for some 13 years.

I use a small car battery of 35Ah capacity which gives me a good
backup time. I've never tested the backup time to its limit but
it's more than 1 hour when the battery's new. I used the first
battery for about 10 years by which time the backup time had
dropped to about a minute. The replacement cost around $50 and is
still going strong after 3 years.