Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default EDF heavy handed on smart meters?

In article ,
writes
On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 19:56:19 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

Adrian Caspersz wrote:

Got an elderly friend who categorically does not wish to have a smart
meter fitted. EDF have apparently sent letters and are getting rather
stroppy.

Ask EDF if they wish to lose a customer?

Can't be enforced, can it?

No.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/h...ctricity-guide
/understand-smart-prepayment-and-other-energy-meters/smart-meters-your-
rights

They are not the only ones.

The call center person representing Scottish and Southern seemed a bit
taken back when I read the section " Do I have to have a smart
meter?" from that back to them yesterday .

They had answered my Question "Why Do I have to have a smart meter"
with "because the government say it is a legal requirement for
everyone to have one by 2020".

As it was probably someone on minimum wage doing their best to earn a
few pounds I wished them a good day and hung up, if they were really
from SSE directly I may have asked to speak to someone further up the
chain and got argumentative.
As it is I've got more important things to attend to for a few days
but after I do intend to send a complaint to SSE themselves,or does
anyone know of someone better to contact.

G.Harman

OFGEM
--
bert