Posted to rec.woodworking
GarageWoodworks[_4_] GarageWoodworks[_4_] is offline

Default Kerf Maker, Fast and easy to make

BTW I am not sure why he made a cut out, it seems to serve no purpose.

The cut out reduces the amount of contact surface area, which has the potential to reduce error. Errors in the few thou of an inch are enough to influence fit.

-Brian

On Sunday, December 17, 2017 at 12:11:01 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 12/15/2017 1:30 PM, Leon wrote:
About 8~9 years ago Bridge City Tools came out with a fine little jig
that enabled you to cut perfect fitting dados with just about any width
blade or router bit.Â* That is as long as the blade or bit cuts narrower
than the width of the dado.

I bought that expensive little jig and have had great success when using
it.

Seems there is a shop made version now and probably the absolute
simplest that I have seen.

Take a look!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNZWlLPw0HI

OK, Yet another and has to be the absolute simplest to make.

It's simply a "stick" and "a screw".

Brought to you by Brian who used to post here.

I will say that it may not work as well for large stock but maybe it will!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8LpgWEk-O0

BTW I am not sure why he made a cut out, it seems to serve no purpose.