Posted to sci.electronics.repair
malua mada! malua mada! is offline

Default LG touch switch

LG flatron monitor with touch sensor power switch... won't turn on.
Power supply puts out 5VDC OK.
The power -on/off sub board was very dirty. The sensor seems to consist of a odd shaped piece of foam sandwiched in a fold of conductive fabric .
I am looking for a way to fake/ hack the logic of the touch sensor or better still add a physical on/off switch.
From motherboard I get 5VDC, GND, Key0, Key1, BL0, BL1. all but the BL0 and BL1 are passed on to a five button sub-board which makes me think these two are power-on-off related. THere is a six legged IC "S821"and a 3 legged "A0" (SMT= flatfoot devices all) that I associate with the sensing/power part, plus four LEDs for looks, with four resistors.
Any ideas of what kind of tickling could excite this thing?