Henry77

Default Blower on furnace hums and doesn't start

"REL" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:59:11 GMT, "volts500"
wrote:

Dude,

If your dick is as short as your memory, I feel for your partner, I
really do.

You have a real ****ing problem not with electrical understanding but
with being wrong. Your so ****ing narrow minded and self centered you
want to argue about being wrong about being right and being told you
were right. Get a ****ing clue you idiot and read the ****ing words
again dumbass.

You are correct, according to the NEC you are allowed to wire for the
MCA and protect by the MOCP. For example MCA 30 you may use #10 wire
MOCP of 40 you may use a 40 amp fuse or breaker. You also may use the
30 amp breaker as I stated by sizing it to the wire. There is NOTHING
out of code by doing so as I stated as you are UNDER the MOCP.

I said before and I will say again, I am hard headed and I said you
were 100% right and I was 100% incorrect, it is legal for you to
follow that minmum standard as outlined by the NEC, the authority on
minimum standards.

I also maintain I have no intention of following the minimum standards
and will continue to maintain a higher level of safety to persons and
property by NOT installing the smallest wire on the largest breaker.
The increased cost compared to the increased liability for the client
is small and often non-existant due to other electrical concerns.

Relax - Volts500 being right only means that he spent all Thanksgiving
weekend in his room thumbing through his NEC book (from what I see on
various groups it's his one and only friend - his parents were probably
greatfull for the break) to back up his facts and prove he was right in
theory. However it is obvious in the real world you are correct in your
stand that you will not just do the minimum standards and when he graduates
High School (when he is 24 or 25) he will probably become a hack at whatever
job he persues (besides the job he has now flipping burgers after school
(this info obtained from various postings)).