Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Can I just disconnect the MR16 GU5.3 halogen downlighters andleave the bulbs in situ?

On 2018-01-16, MM wrote:
Suppose I decided to get rid of the halogen downlighters altogether.
Can I just disconnect them?

Yes.

I convinced the local knob head know it all down at my local pub (you
know the sort of person) that it costs more to run a transformer without
a lamp connected to it than with a lamp connected to it due to power
factor corrections.

Easily done as he had had a few beers and I got the local paedo maths
teacher[1] who was in the pub to back me up on my made up maths.

[1] alleged - but we all know he cannot tell the difference between 15
and 16.

--

Adam