Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default All This Talk of Gluing Edges: Practical Illustration

On 1/16/18 10:44 AM, JayPique wrote:
On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 11:32:07 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 1/16/2018 10:21 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

When you spread out glue on an edge, it's almost impossible to
*not* get too much glue in the joint. I've seen a LOT more
squeeze-out in other guys' projects, including my out.

I guess my goal is to get some perceivable squeeze-out with no
bubbles. If you can't get that, then next best is no dripping.
With this glue-up, I got bubbles without drips.

I almost always use a small, soft brayer with PVA. It's quick,
effective and rinses right off easily. You sort of get the hang of
how thick a bead to lay down for proper coverage depending on
thickness and material.

JP

Good idea. I may have to try that sometime.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--