Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Can I just disconnect the MR16 GU5.3 halogen downlighters and leave the bulbs in situ?

I don't see a problem except you are wasting a tiny current on each
transformer.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"MM" wrote in message
Suppose I decided to get rid of the halogen downlighters altogether.
Can I just disconnect them? That is, remove the spring ring, pull the
connector off the bulb, then put the bulb and spring ring back in?

Or will each bulb's transformer overheat without any load on it?

I could then reinstate the halogens at any time simply by reconnecting
them.

MM