Bob

Default Kenmore dryer smokes while running

"Chris" wrote in message
om...
I clean out my lint pretty regular. My wife noticed a burning

smell
and smoke coming from the dryer. No noise was made other than

normal dryer sound. Of course the dryer got shut off and

unplugged!
I've been taking it apart and looking at a possible lint

plugging, I
have not seen that. Now I'm wondering about components? I've

ran the
dryer and I don't hear anything suspicous, the only thing

suspicious
is the smoke of course! Something else i noticed was a "fire"

went
through the dryer. A fast fire because all the lint i found on

the
bottom of the dryer was black on top and grey on the bottom.

Check recent postings about cleaning dryer vents and internal
passages.

Bob