Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Can't Win Some Days

On 1/15/2018 10:58 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 09:50:51 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 10:35:29 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:

Dont dispair quite yet...ballscrews can..can be found cheaply enough
both on Ebay and other locations.

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...screws-232777/

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...ews&_sacat =0

---

Yep. Lots of options. I'll look at some of the sources on the PM
thread with more care in a bit.

Rexroth Bosch are some of the best ballscrews out there. They are
commonly found in high end machine tools. OmniTurn uses them as well

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...xroth&_sacat=0

I have a few used ones collecting dust..most will have about .0007"
endplay.. Id be happy to send you one or two..what size do you
need..plus length?

Gunner

Oh..dont forget proper thrust bearings as well. This is the sort I
most commonly use:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FK15-Fixed-...QAAOSwZB9aRPYK

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...aring&_sacat=0

I'll post some info when I have time to pull that part of the machine
apart again. Right now I have to get some jobs on the little machines
and keep them going. Might not be until tonight or tomorrow when I some
have time to disassemble.