Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default Jointing On A Router Table - Can't Keep Even Pressure

On 1/15/2018 10:16 AM, dadiOH wrote:
f the fences were parallel and you kept the work against the fence
when changing hands you should not have made a bump. If they were NOT

Assuming the fences are positioned correctly, and the pressure is
corrrect whether held to the fence manually or with feather boards,
there may be a speed factor. If you move the piece through the bit too
fast, as the densities of the wood change ie knots, the bumps may be
created as the piece moves away from the fence as the bit cuts around
the denser wood.

I know I have problems with bumps because of unknown knots in the wood.
--
2017: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre