Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Can't Win Some Days

On 1/14/2018 9:11 PM, Robert Nichols wrote:
On 01/14/2018 02:25 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
The bad part is I don't know how to remove the new bearings and save

them. The obvious way to pull the bearings pulls the rear bearing apart
when you take the housing and bearings off the shaft. So... even if I
find a good replacement ballscrew I'll wind up having to chase down
another set of bearings too.

If you're going to junk the old ballscrew anyway, just machine away

enough to let you get the good bearings off.

That's not a bad idea. Although I also considered turning the bearing
surface to a smaller more concentric OD and using a bushing. Probably
would re-turn the whole end and make appropriate adjustments including a
different size encoder disc though... or a whole bunch of bushings. LOL.