Cuse

Default Flushing / Cleaning Hot Water Heater Help Needed

It seems keeping the kitchen faucet running I got the tank filled now.
However I am not sure if it is partially filled or fully filled. I
took a chance after the filling sound stopped. The heater started and
the sound seems OK, sounds like a whirlpool being turned on.

After 10 minutes I still have my kitchen faucet running, then the water
shot out with lower volume, higher volume, fluctuating like crazy.
There must be air and/or pressure imbalance somewhere. Should I open
the pressure relief valve on top of the tank?

What really happened?

When I drained the water I had the relief valve opened. so as the water
drained is sucked air into the tank? and when I closed the drain and
valve the air in the tank prevented the water from entering the tank
until I turn the kitchen faucet on to draw air out? Is this right?

Confused and still not sure I will get hot water tonight.

Cuse

Cuse wrote:

This is unlikely. The resistance is about the same either way and not
different from when I first touched it.

I did noticed something strange. If I turn on the water in my
kitchen, I hear activity inside the tank that sounds like refilling.
If I turned off the water, it stops. Not all faucet in my house will
cause this, but some of them. Why?

Some sort of pressure problem created by the draining?

I did pulled the tempearture pressure relief valve during the
draining. Pulling means pushing that lever until it is 90 % (vertical)
right?

Cuse

SoCalMike wrote:

"Cuse" wrote in message

Problem...

I went to turn off the cold water and as I turned the valve it kept
turning. It does not seem to be tightening or loosening at all as I
turned the valve either way. I think it is broken for some reason.

you probably tightened it shut, then stripped the handle. id probably
try to
put some vicegrips on the stem, and reopen the valve.