Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Laminate flooring in kitchen

https://www.homebase.co.uk/conniston...ooring_p398113

My local Homebase are selling this off very cheaply (£4 psm).

I'm sure it's fine (enough) for the living room, but I was thinking of
putting it in the kitchen. I would lay it and then give it a coat of
floor varnish to help seal it. I'm just worried what will happen when
the washing machine overflows.

Also, for simplicity, I'd like to board the entire kitchen, then install
the units. So, the units would be resting on the laminate.

I'm not sure that any of this is a very good idea. Any advice gratefully
received.

Sorry to have so many questions, but there's just a lot to think about.