Posted to rec.woodworking

Default clever design table or bench

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 08:44:42 -0500, wrote:

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/frequentreadyconch

i can see this applied to an indoor location with a finer wood choice
would be great for a studio type apartment or small kitchen

Many years ago, for my first home that had a small covered patio,
I built a pair of patio benches that converted to a picnic table -
- very similar to this :

http://tinyurl.com/y7z7xcqy

All 2 x 6 pine ; looked nice, worked fair ; eventually became
a bit too wobbly for a table but OK as benches.
Sorry - but I can't really imagine any indoor furniture situations
that would benefit from these.. even if they were better designed
and better built.

Agreed. I had a couple of sets of those, though the "frames" were
structural plastic (foam?), with 2x4 seats and 2x6 tops. I used them
for seating around the pool and, of course, they made into great
picnic tables at meal time.