Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Any safe way to provide 120V power to middle of living room?

On 1/12/2018 11:42 AM, wrote:

Thanks to all who took the time to reply. The lamp needs to be bright
enough to read comfortably and fit the living room decor. The side
table and arm chair are on the 10' x 12' rug and the area gets regular
foot traffic as does the bare floor around the perimeter of the rug,
making the use of a channel raceway on the polished hardwood floor
impractical. There's no access to the attic (many floors of additional
condos above our unit) besides which the horizontal slabs for the
ceiling/floor on each level are reinforced concrete. For aesthetic and
safety reasons, the best solution seems to be a swag lamp and a flat
channel ceiling and wall raceway hide the run of power cord to a ceiling
hook. Time to discuss this with my decorator in chief (wife).

Yuk.
I'd look long & hard for a cordless lamp before doing that ..
An interchangeable battery with an extra battery plus
a stand-alone charger means you never have to await a re-charge
nor run a temp cord to re-charge nor move the lamp to re-charge.
John T.

I have no idea if a nice furniture lamp like that is available, but I do
have two emergency LED lights that will last 40 hours on batteries and
are as bright as any typical table lamp. They just don't look as pretty
as table lamps.