Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Outdoor lights

On Friday, 12 January 2018 10:53:11 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:

The OP said solar powered ideally, which means mains is available. You
could supplement the solar - or replace it if running on PIR only - with
a small mains 12-15v PSU sending charge current down a long thin wire.

Under the worse conditions - mid winter - the batteries will be on charge
for a shorter period than the lights are running.

Ah, the OP has emailed you more about their use I see. I thought they might be running them on PIR mainly.

So not quite sure how
you work out the power supply cable can be smaller than the light one?
Unless of course it is at 240v.

NT