Nozza

Default Cutting Kitchen Worktop

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 15:40:58 +0000, Jeff Allen
wrote:

I have an old built-in hob which I want to replace with a freestanding
cooker. Therefore the existing kitchen worktop will need cutting in
order to be able to slot in the new cooker. Is it going to be possible
to cut the laminated worktop using a jigsaw? I can tolerate some slight
chipping since I intend to cover the end using metal edging.

Jeff.

I cut through my worktop using a jigsaw in order to fit an upright
freezer in.

Used a brand new, down cutting jigsaw blade - the sort used for
laminate flooring. Placed duct tape along the top, and put pencil
mark on top of that. Used saw at "high" speed and took it gently.

Well pleased with the result.

Noz
--
Email nozza underscore wales at yahoo co uk