Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair
Harry Newton Harry Newton is offline

Default Apple throttled your iPhone by cutting its speed almost in HALF!

On 11 Jan 2018 21:37:25 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

Blogger opinion pieces aren't facts. The reality is most iPhones run
just fine for 3-5 years on the OEM battery, as anyone who has owned one
for more than a ****ing year knows. Try harder. Your trolls are useless
and lame.

Only you defend Apple's bonehead decisions to secretly "limit peak
performance" (aka "cap CPU speeds at less than half) on the iPhone.

"Who at Apple okayed the idea of throttling older iPhones in the
first place? Not only that, but they went a step further and decided
not to tell anyone that iOS contained code that deliberately slowed
down iPhones whose batteries were showing signs of wear. To say
that this was boneheaded is putting it mildly."

"The solution that Apple came up with for iPhones randomly restarting
was a clever one [but] the way it was implemented, and the fact that
it was kept a secret from users, leaves me shaking my head in
disbelief."

http://www.zdnet.com/article/can-apple-dig-itself-out-of-the-iphone-throttling-hole-it-created-for-itself/