Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is a COB Light?

On 01/11/2018 09:29 AM, wrote:

[snip]

But
connecting with Windows 98, works fairly good, but limits browsers to
Firefox 3.x. (which of course cant handle HTML5 or most HTTPS, and gives
constant script errors).

You get get up to 9.x (maybe higher) with KernelEX . It does support
some new features like the fullscreen API.

I cant even use a cellphone at my location, NO SERVICE. The only way I
could get fast internet would be to spend around $150 per month for a
satellite dish, which could require installing a tall pole to mount the
dish, at a cost of several thousand to install. I'm retired and on a
fixed income. The dish is NOT gonna happen.

I have had satellite internet (Starband, around 2001). It was nearly
unusable because of the high and variable latency.

[snip]

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Life can be beautiful, profound, and awe-inspiring, even without an
irate god threatening us with eternal torment." Judith Hayes, In God We
Trust: But Which One? (Madison, WI: FFRF, 1997), p.