Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Community told they must keep their garage doors open - or face a$200 fine

On 1/10/18 10:24 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 23:12:53 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/10/2018 10:38 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 10:14:06 PM UTC-5, Peter wrote:
replying to BurfordTJustice, Peter wrote:
That doesn't sound like a liberal thing to me... they might make some ignorant
welfare laws, but this here sounds like some old grouchy staunch republican
type rule.

--

Whoever they are, the solution is simple. Elect new people with sense to the HOA.

My door would be closed. No way would that stand up in court. Most HOA
want to fine you if the door is open too long.

Actually, I'd never buy a place with an HOA.

The problem with fighting the HOA in court is you are paying to sue
yourself. It is easier to fight the HOA at the annual meeting.
Typically less than 10% of the people call the shots. It is not that
hard to find 15% who disagree. If not, maybe you live in the wrong
place.
OTOH if I left my garage door open, there would be a big movement to
rescind that rule.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/garage.jpg

Golf cart?