Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dandee@xyzmail.com is offline

Default What is a COB Light?

On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 08:30:36 -0500, wrote:

And google does not work at all anymore, nor does Bing. (Yahoo search
still works though).

I haven't tried AltaVista in a long time, but that used to be my go-to.

a quick google search for the wiki info :

AltaVista was a Web search engine established in 1995. It became one
of the most-used early search engines, but lost ground to Google and
was purchased by Yahoo! in 2003, which retained the brand, but based
all AltaVista searches on its own search engine. On July 8, 2013, the
service was shut down by Yahoo! and since then, the domain has
redirected to Yahoo!'s own search site.[2]

Going back to Alta Vista is what got me using Yahoo. At least Yahoo
works, and works without the httpS crap. Yahoo must be part of
Amazon.com because the first ten links are always Amazon, but I've
learned to skip those and otherwise it works fairly well.

At least yahoo dont ask me to "prove I'm a real person" using Captchas
like Google started doing, and without java script enabled, they never
loaded. That started a few months ago, and is when I quit using google
completely. I found Bing dont load at all, either. There is one called
Metacrawler that DOES work too, but it's sort of lacking in some ways,
so I use Yahoo first..