Posted to alt.home.repair
Dove Tail Dove Tail is offline

Default Any safe way to provide 120V power to middle of living room?

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/11/2018 9:13 AM, Peter wrote:
Our furniture layout has a side table next to an armchair, both of
which are relatively far removed (6'-9') feet from the nearest
walls.* The floor surface from the nearest walls to the side table
has both bare hardwood floor and an area rug.* The room is in an
upper floor condo unit with old fashioned tongue in groove
hardwood floor boards.* The building has concrete and steel
construction. We'd like to place a table lamp on the side table
but are unwilling to run an extension cord (major tripping hazard!)

Only thing I can think of is a Wiremold product that is a trough type
of channel that has a tapered top so you don't trip. They are used in
offices to get to a desk. Saver than a bare cord.

Ed's suggestion is the best one so far. A rubber channel raceway is a
way to run an extension cord over the floor with minimal trip hazard.

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Electric...vZc65fZ1z0ugz3

We would not do anything like this in our home due to the aesthetics.

You said you don't want to entertain changing your furniture layout,
but, you might want to revisit that restriction.