Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Any safe way to provide 120V power to middle of living room?

On 1/11/2018 9:13 AM, Peter wrote:
Our furniture layout has a side table next to an armchair, both of which
are relatively far removed (6'-9') feet from the nearest walls.* The
floor surface from the nearest walls to the side table has both bare
hardwood floor and an area rug.* The room is in an upper floor condo
unit with old fashioned tongue in groove hardwood floor boards.* The
building has concrete and steel construction. We'd like to place a table
lamp on the side table but are unwilling to run an extension cord (major
tripping hazard!)

Only thing I can think of is a Wiremold product that is a trough type of
channel that has a tapered top so you don't trip. They are used in
offices to get to a desk. Saver than a bare cord.