Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dandee@xyzmail.com is offline

Default What is a COB Light?

On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 14:27:28 -0800, mike wrote:

On 1/10/2018 2:07 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 15:43:36 -0600,
wrote:

I keep seeing that word "COB" used for LED flashlights lately.
What do they mean by using the word "COB"?
(I remember when COB was part of an ear of corn, and none of them lit
up)

http://www.cob-led.com/What-is-cob-L...-on-board.html

.. anything else you want us to google for you ?

John T.

Youbetcha.
Hows about googling "helpful" "tolerant" "considerate" "courteous"...

Sometimes I wish the web did not even exist.
The newsgroups were the original internet. Back then, people discussed
things without referring to web pages. Not only do I still prefer the
newsgroups, but ever since they implemented HTTPS (secure sites), I can
not access most websites. It's a long and rather complicated process
involved, which I dont care to discuss in detail. I will only say that
due to my location, I have very limited access to the internet. The
newsgroups work, email works, but the web is extremely limited.
Something to the order of 1 out of 30 websites actually load properly.
And google does not work at all anymore, nor does Bing. (Yahoo search
still works though).

In the end, not everyone online is able to use all the high tech
gadgets, and high speed internet that they keep forcing upon us, whether
we want it or not. 15 years ago, websites were just text and pictures
and they were useful. Now we have scripts, and huge executible files and
megs of security to protect us from all them scripts and executibles,
and worthless bloat, so the actual content is lost in all the garbage.
These days, to obtain 1K of useful content requires 5 megs of
downloading before the page can load. I do my best to avoid the web
anymore, because it's very frustrating and a huge waste of time.