Posted to alt.home.repair
JBI JBI is offline

Default main water line frozen?

On 01/08/2018 07:18 PM, JBI wrote:
On 01/08/2018 03:40 PM, TimR wrote:
I've never seen the city's part of the line freeze.Â* Break, sure, from
ground movement.

Are you sure it's not part of your house that's frozen?Â* Right where
it enters?

also, how does it come in?Â* Basement vs crawl space vs slab on grade
makes a lot of difference.

I'm not truly sure of anything.Â* I don't have a basement, single
level... simply a house on a concrete slab.Â* No crawlspaces either.Â* The
shut off is located in the bathroom in the center of the house. Wherever
the line enters is at the same depth as the meter I'm sure.

Still frozen as of today. Although temps are now reaching mid 40's
during daytime, the ground is still frozen. I'm beginning to wonder how
long the frozen line will persist. Is there any way I could hasten it
along? A quick thought is boiling several gal of water and then quickly
pouring it above the ground where the line runs. It's about a 20'
section between the house and through the yard. I doubt this would
work, but just an idea. Thoughts?